Saturday, January 17, 2009

If you're a bird, then I'm a bird

I saw The Notebook for the first time today, and I've got to say, I cried like a baaabyyyy. I don't think I've ever cried that hard at a movie...ever. With that said, I think I might watch it again tonight ;).

I guess tonight I just wanted to blog about love. Or something like that. This is an extremely cliche topic, so I appologize for writing about it, but I wanted to, so here I go.

What happened to love, these days? What happened to the morals and boundries we had so long ago. What happened to the love that seemed pure, and really did last forever. It makes my heart swell when I see an old couple. When you can still see love in their eyes, when you can sense the feelings they have for each other, and most of all, when they're not afraid to show a little affection. Most people think it's gross when old people show affection, but I think it's beautiful. I think it shows what love really is. I think...it makes the whole 'growing old with someone' something that can really be done.

Nowadays love is almost, fake. I hate to say that, but it's true. People are sleeping with each other left and right, claiming they're in love, but are they? Does a good sex life really mean you're in love? Or how about the couples who break up after years and years, just saying they fell out of love? That's pretty depressing, I must say. I mean, everyone knows they're going to change in life, but if you really love someone, shouldn't you embrace and accept their changes? Maybe it's just that I haven't experienced any true love in my short life span, but some day I hope to witness it. Whether it be in me, or one of my friends, I just hope to see what true love really is.

Maybe that's why I found The Notebook so touching. Because of the fact that they stayed together for eternity. They even passed away together. It filled my head with hopes that maybe we weren't all doomed to a life filled with false concepts of love, and maybe we could all die with someone we loved, but then I remembered that it was just a movie.

"I need to ask you something. "

"What is it,sweetheart?"

"Do you think that our love can create miracles?"

"Yes, I do. That's what brings you back to me each time."

"Do you think our love could take usaway together?"

"I think our love can do anything we want it to."

Maybe someday I'll have that. Maybe if I think the right way about the whole love thing, I'll find just the person who together our love can do anything we'll want it to.




PS. Did anyone else notice that the whole 'if you're a bird, then I'm a bird' thing is in Brighten's song We Are Birds? I wonder if that was on purpose...

No comments: