Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My goal in life

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and I decided that no matter what happens to me, I want to be remembered for one thing, and one thing only. I want to be that person who you think about when you're older. I want to be that person that's your answer when your child asks you 'who wath yuh betht fwiend evuh?'. I want to be the person that you tell your kid you hope they have a friend similar to. I want to be remembered for being a great person, and an even better friend.

I was talking to my dad earlier today, and he told me about this guy, Chris Pavich. He was my dad's best friend ever, I think. When he talked about him, his eyes lit up and kind of glazed over, like he was thinking about the past. 'I could have given him $100 of my dollars, and he wouldn't have touched it,' was something my dad said about him, that really shocked me. They were two homeless guys, who later on got an apartment together. When I think of homeless people, I think of people who can and will take anything they can. I guess that just proves the saying you can't judge a book buy it's cover.

'The only two things Chris really needed were weed and golf,' said my dad. I laughed at that. I guess that's something we can all learn from. He didn't need electricity, he didn't need a home, he didn't need someone to love. He just needed his two favorite things in the world, and he was perfectly content. I really admire this Chris guy, whoever he is. Chris might not even be his real name. All I know is this guy is something I want to be. I want to be content with whatever happens in the future, as long as I have what I love. I want to be trusted by the person who means the most to me. I want to be remembered as 'the girl who I will never forget,'. I want to be that person.

So from now on, that's my role in life. I want to be the friend that everyone knows will be there. I want to be the friend that someone tells their kids about. And most importantly of all, I want to be content with my life, as long as I have the things I love most.





ps. If anyone reads this, and knows who the hell Chris Pavich is, tell me. Haha, I know that's lame, but I've honestly never seen my dad talk to passionately about a friend...ever. I'd love to have them talk just one more time. Maybe so my dad could apologize for them spreading apart thanks to my mom, or maybe just to catch up one more time.

No comments: